East Coast Rock Lobster
|REGULATIONS FOR FISHING OF EAST COAST ROCK
LOBSTER (Panulirus homarus)
- Closed season: 1 November to the last day of February of the following year, both dates inclusive.
- Minimum size: 65 mm - measured in a straight line from the point where the tail meets the body to the notch between the supra-orbital spines (spines above the eyes).
- No person may collect more than eight east coast rock lobster per day.
- No person may be in possession of or transport more than eight east coast rock lobster at any time.
- No person shall engage in fishing, collecting or disturbing east coast rock lobster with the use of a vessel.
- No person shall engage in fishing, collecting or disturbing any East Coast rock lobster with a trap other than:
• a flat circular trap with no sides and which the diameter does not exceed 30 cm;
• by means of baited hooks.