“Bringing services to the people”
Stakeholder engagement aims to build and enhance good reputation of the Department of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF). We strive to respond in a balanced way to different voices from all stakeholders, formal and informal by communicating across all levels with intensity.
- To ensure that the relevant stakeholders are represented during the Departmental public participation hearings and stakeholder’s consultation meetings.
- Build the capacity of stakeholders through community support programmes around coastal communities to enable effective community participation.
- Provide direct customer assistance to customer needs through Customer Service Centre and Fisheries Community Development Workers programme
Stakeholder Engagement Activities:
- Identify key stakeholders for DAFF.
- Define key stakeholders participating roles and tasks.
- Assist stakeholders to understand their related responsibility and sustainability in the public participation proceses.
- Facilitate stakeholder interactions and provide constant feedback on implementation.
- Obtain stakeholder feedback and monitor stakeholder satisfaction.