Directorate: Small Scale Forestry
Aim: To ensure the promotion and development of the small scale forestry
- To develop strategies that support Forestry Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Charter and that enable communities to make use of tree and forest resources to improve their livelihoods
- Promote international liaison, which promotes forestry development in South Africa, in the SADC region and in Africa as a whole.
- Develops forest enterprise development and Livelihoods programmes that enable communities to participate in the benefits of forestry to generate economic growth and sustain livelihoods.
- Promote the Afforestation sub programme which offers opportunities for new entrants into the sector.
- Facilitate the upliftment of individuals and communities through forestry livelihood programmes
- Alleviate poverty through forestry programmes
For further information contact:
|: Mr T. Mathiane
: 012 309 5712
: 012 309 5839