About us | Contacts | Structure | Publication | Reports
The purpose of the Directorate Agricultural Statistics is t o collect and manage national agricultural statistics.
The vision of the Directorate Agricultural Statistics is t o be the most reliable and comprehensive source of unbiased national agricultural statistics and information.
The mission of the Directorate Agricultural Statistics is t o collect, process and interpret data and measure agricultural sector performance in order to disseminate relevant, reliable, unbiased, accurate and timely information so that any relevant stakeholders can make informed decisions.
- To produce agricultural statistics that serve the strategic goals of the Department of Agriculture.
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive database of statistics on the South African agricultural sector.
- To develop and maintain a register of South African farmers, including small-scale farmers, in order to represent all farmers in the statistics produced.
- To improve the quality of the data we collect through the improvement of methodologies and systems for data collection, processing and dissemination.
- To determine the needs and requirements of our stakeholders.
- To provide statistical information in line with customer and stakeholder requirements.
- To develop a brand identity for the Directorate.
- To promote the development of statistical capacity in South Africa .
- To ensure greater cooperation and integration of processes between the sub-directorates.
- To enhance the skills and expertise of the personnel within the directorate.