Agriculture Inputs Control
About the Directorate
The Directorate regulates the manufacturing, distribution, importation, sale, use and advertisement of fertilizers, animal feeds, pesticides, stock remedies as well as the operation of sterilizing plants and pest control operators in terms of the Fertilizers, Farm Feeds, Agricultural Remedies and Stock Remedies Act, 1947 (Act No. 36 of 1947).
The Directorate is responsible for:
- Evaluating and registering fertilizers, animal feeds, pesticides and stock remedies for use in South Africa, having satisfied itself that such products are efficacious, and safe for humans, animals, crops and the environment;
- Assessing the competency and registration of pest control operators (PCO);
- Assessing the suitability and registration of sterilizing plants; and
- Monitoring compliance with the legislation.
Gazette and Notices
- Fertilizers Farm Feeds Agricultural Remedies and Stock Remedies Act Regulations Tariffs
- Act 36 of 1947 2023-2024 Tariffs
- Phase Out of Active Ingredients and Formulations that meet the criteria of Carcinogesity
- Implimentation of GHS for Chemical Hazard Classification.
- Guideline on the Implementation of GHS of Classification and Labeling of Chemical classification.
- Draft Agricultural Remedy Regulation
- Fertilizer farm Feeds Agric Remedies and Stock Remedies Act
- Gazette Notice Undesiarable substances
- Proposed amendment to Farm Feeds Undesirable substances 16112018
- General Notice on Proposed Amendments to Farm Feeds Regulation
- Proposed amendments to Farm Feeds regulations 09112018
- Notice on draft fertilizer Bill 2018
- Draft Fertilizer Bill 2018
- PCO RENEWAL FORM .
- Notification letter to validate field trial data.
- Notification letter on the streamline for application evaluation
- Notice on the Phase out of POE.
- 2023-2026 Agricultural Remedy Renewal Notice.
- The Decoding of Dewormers/Anthelmintics.
- Notification letter on rejection of applications for farm feeds
- Notification letter on amendment of timeframe for approval of certain minor amendments in farm feeds
- Migration letter for Group 3 fertilizer
Agricultural remedies that are banned or restricted for use in the Republic of South Africa