Statistic & Economic Analysis
The purpose of the Directorate Agricultural Statistics is to collect and manage national agricultural statistics.
The vision of the Directorate of Agricultural Statistics is to be the most reliable and comprehensive source of unbiased national agricultural statistics and information.
The mission of the Directorate of Agricultural Statistics is to collect, process, and interpret data and measure agricultural sector performance in order to disseminate relevant, reliable, unbiased, accurate, and timely information so that any relevant stakeholders can make informed decisions.
- To produce agricultural statistics that serve the strategic goals of the Department of Agriculture.
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive database of statistics on the South African agricultural sector.
- To develop and maintain a register of South African farmers, including small-scale farmers, in order to represent all farmers in the statistics produced.
- To improve the quality of the data we collect through the improvement of methodologies and systems for data collection, processing and dissemination.
- To determine the needs and requirements of our stakeholders.
- To provide statistical information in line with customer and stakeholder requirements.
- To develop a brand identity for the Directorate.
- To promote the development of statistical capacity in South Africa.
- To ensure greater cooperation and integration of processes between the sub-directorates.
- To enhance the skills and expertise of the personnel within the directorate.